These mini banana pumpkin loafs are full of flavor, nut free, and can be enjoyed any time of the day. A slice or two makes a delicious side to scrambled eggs or oatmeal, and is perfect for an afternoon snack. The loafs are conveinent to bring to holiday gatherings, and wrapped in festive cellophane, make great gifts for neighbors and family.
I have been making this bread since my son was 2 years old. He loves bananas and pumpkin pie, and that is how this adapted recipe from Simply Recipes banana bread, came to life.
I use Pamela’s All Purpose Gluten Free Artisan flour blend in this recipe. Due to the subtle flavor, it is a perfect flour for baking recipes. I also use a few pinches of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice to give the loaf enhanced flavor.
- 1 1/2 cup of Pamela’s All Purpose Gluten Free Artisan Flour Blend
- 3 very ripe peeled bananas
- 1/2 can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you want less sweet)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350• and grease three mini loaf pans (3 1/2 in.X 6 in.)
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas with a potato masher or fork until smooth. Add the pumpkin purée and melted butter and stir together
- Add in the baking soda, salt, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice
- Add the beaten egg, vanilla extract, and flour, stir together
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour
- Remove from oven and let cool
Slice and enjoy!