A classic chocolate chip cookie and a new favorite, cocoa walnut cookie. Both are easy to make and delicious. Gluten free and dairy free, the chocolate flavor in each will having you wanting another and another!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip
- Pamela’s Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- Follow the mixing and cooking instructions on the back of the bag of Pamela’s chocolate chunk cookie mix
Ingredients for Cocoa Walnut (from Inspired Taste)
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose four
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Then, line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper. (You don’t have to use parchment paper, it just helps with clean-up. If you do not wish to use it, regular ungreased baking sheets will be fine).
- Grab a large bowl then use a hand mixer to beat the butter until whipped and creamy. This takes about 30 seconds. Now, with the mixer on, gradually add the sugar and beat into the butter until combined. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Sift the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and the salt into a separate medium bowl, and then set aside.
- Grab a spoon and stir about 1/3 of the sifted flour mixture into the butter mixture. Once incorporated, add another 1/3 and stir until combined. Then, add the final third and stir until combined.
- Add walnuts then stir until incorporated. Then, drop cookie mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet(s). Then, gently press the cookie dough down towards the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are dry and tops are slightly cracked. Cool on baking sheets.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to one week, if kept in the refrigerator.