My first attempt at gluten free ravioli’s and they turned out delicious! I made a simple beef and spinach filling and used a marinara sauce from a jar. I prepared the dough an hour ahead of time, as it needs that long to set. The construction of the ravioli’s was the fun part! This recipe is simple and full of flavor!
- 1/2 cups of gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of very warm water
- Salt for ravioli water
Ingredients for Beef and Spinach Filling
- 1/4 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon butter (I use Earth Balance-Red label, soy free)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat parsley
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese (optional)
Directions for Dough
- Pour gluten free all purpose flour into a large bowl and form a shallow well in the flour. Add the oil and water a little at a time into the flour well and mix until it all comes together into a smooth ball. Wrap in clear plastic wrap and allow to rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil with salt. Remove half of the pasta ball and leave the other half wrapped.
- For ravioli, prepare a clean counter or pastry mat by dusting with gluten free all purpose flour and roll into long strips, cutting into equal-sized squares. You can use a knife or a ravioli cutter.
- Drop a dollop of filling in the middle of every 2 squares, dab the edges with wet fingers, and press the two squares together to seal. Drop into boiling water. Cook for 2-4 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
Directions for Beef and Spinach Filling
- Brown beef & pork in a skillet with the whole clove of garlic
- Remove garlic and let meat mixture cool
- Mix spinach, parsley, eggs, nutmeg and cheese (optional) into cooled meat until well blended. Set aside and use when ready to fill ravioli’s