Another favorite of my son’s, these oatmeal cookies are surprisingly light and fluffy. I made one batch plain and the second, added dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Delicious! This recipe has been adapted from allrecipes.com oatmeal cookies.
- 1 cup butter softened (Earth Balance soy free… Red label)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups gluten free quick cooking oats
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.