One of my son’s favorite smoothies is this creation he calls Banana Ooo. A delicious blend of banana, peanut butter, chocolate syrup and rice milk. Our dessert tonight, but can be enjoyed anytime of the day!
- 1 cup Rice (or Almond) Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Creamy Peanut Butter (I use Trader Joes organic)
- 1 tablespoon of Santa Cruz organic Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Banana sliced
- 6-7 Ice Cubes
- Mix all ingredients in a blender, pour into glass and enjoy!
Saturday night dessert is sweet, delicious, gluten and dairy free! These vanilla cupcakes are simple to make and topped with this homemade Raseberry frosting, it will be difficult to eat just one!
Ingredients for Cupcakes
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 large Eggs room temputure
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Water room temputure
- Preheat oven to 325•F
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners or generously grease the pan
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Pour batter into paper liners,until they are a little over half full
- Bake on lower rack for 20-25mins
- Cool completely before frosting the cupcakes
Ingredients for Raseberry Frosting
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Butter (green label, reads with olive oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Rice (or Almond) Milk
- Handful of Raseberries
- With an electric mixer, mix together the powdered sugar and butter. Then add the vanilla and Raseberries.
- Add the rice milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until you have reached your desired texture. If you need more than 2 tablespoons, just add a 1/2 tablespoon at a time, so your frosting doesn’t turn watery.
- Frost your cupcakes and add a few fresh Raseberries on top! Enjoy!
A delicious and healthy afternoon snack, this papaya & kale smoothie is easy to make and full of goodness. Add chia seeds for additional nutrients, antioxidents, fiber and protein. Throw in a scoop of flaxseed for some Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
- 1 cup Rice or Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Pure Gluten Free Vanilla Extract
- 1 Ripe Banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Large Ripe Papaya, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup Kale
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds/ Flaxseed (Optional)
- Mix all ingredients in blender until desired texture
- Pour into glass and enjoy
A delicious way to get some extra greens and goodness into our bodies! My 6 year old son loves smoothies and enjoys the process of mixing a bunch of ingredients in the blender. We were creative today and made this blackberry and spinach yumminess!
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Almond Dream (non-dairy frozen dessert)
- 1/2 cup Spinach Leaves
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1/2 cup Rice Milk
- 1/2 cup Blackberries
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Mix all ingredients in a blender to your desired consistency