Pad Thai noodles with edamame, egg, and green onion. This simple, yet delicious dish, is a quick and easy recipe with many variations including chicken, shrimp or tofu.
- 1 (12 oz) package of rice noodles
- 1/2 cup edamame (shelled)
- 1/4 cup of grapeseed oil
- 4 large AA brown organic eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar (or substitute 1 1/2 agave syrup)
- 1/8 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- OPTIONAL ADDITIONS; 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken chopped into cubes, 1 pound medium shrimp deveined, or chopped tofu. Also 2 cups of bean sprouts.
- Soak rice noodles in cold water 30 to 50 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into hot oil, and cook until firm. Add softened noodles, edamame and vinegar, fish sauce, sugar (or agave) and red pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Mix while cooking, until noodles are tender.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and chopped green onion.