Spinach and Arugula, mushrooms, tomatoes, and green onions is a perfect combination for this dairy free frittata. My secret ingredient is Herbs & Chives Cashew Reserve. It is a cultured nut product by The Cultured Kitchen, found at Whole Foods. It is a spread that can be used on pretty much anything, and is gluten free, dairy free, and soy free. I mix a tablespoon into the egg mixture before pouring over my cooked vegetables.
- 12 Large AA organic brown eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (Earth Balance)
- salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 large handfuls of spinach and arugula
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs and Chives Cashew Reserve
- Preheat oven to 375•F
- Beat together the eggs with the salt and pepper (do not over-beat; just mix until the eggs mostly come together.) Stir in the cashew reserve
- In a large oven-proof non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, spinach, and arugula, stir until everything is hot.
- Make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed across the bottom of the skillet, then pour in the egg mixture so that it evenly coats everything. Let it sit on the burner for 30-45 seconds to set the edges, then put the skillet in the oven.
- Watch the frittata as it cooks. Let it cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the eggs are set but remove it before the eggs brown very much on top.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy!