- 6 tablespoons egg whites (about 3 large eggs)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (agave or maple syrup works too)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup cooked white quinoa
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- Pinch of salt
- Beat egg whites and honey in a bowl for about 5 minutes. Until egg whites form peaks
- Stir in coconut, quinoa, and salt
- Cover and put into refridgerator for at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick spray
- Fold gluten free flour into coconut mixture
- Using an ice cream scooper, mold medium size balls in your hands, pressing the mixture together tightly
- Place on baking sheet
- Bake for 18-20 mins.
- If desire, roll the top of the coconut ball in a bowl of chocolate syrup or melted chocolate and top with fresh coconut shavings.