Spinach stuffed Portabello mushroom with gluten free bread crumbs, shredded lite mozerella cheese, garlic, egg, salt and pepper, topped with a sprinkle of parmesean cheese, served with a cucumber, tomato, red onion, kalamata olive salad.
- 4 large Portabello mushroom caps, stems and grills removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded lite mozerella
- 3 tbsp of gluten free breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Brush both sides of mushrooms with olive oil, place on baking sheet, gill sides up
- Bake mushrooms for about 12 minutes. Drain any juice that has formed inside the mushroom.
- Beat egg, garlic, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Stir spinach, mozerella, and breadcrumbs into the egg mixture.
- Divide mixture over mushroom caps evenly and top with parmesean cheese.
- Return mushrooms to oven and continue to cook for 10 minutes.