Salmon patty made with fresh salmon, lemon juice, veganaise, cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard, and scallions, served on a slice of gluten free bread and arugula. Topped with homemade tarter sauce and served with butternut squash crinkle fries.
Ingredients for Salmon Patties
- 1 1/4 pounds center-cut salmon fillet, skin and pin bones removed
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp veganaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup (plus 2 Tbsp) gluten free breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut 3/4 of the salmon into 1/4 inch pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Cut rest of the salmon into small chucks and put into food processor along with the veganaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cayenne pepper. Pulse to make a paste.
- Add the puréed salmon to the bowl with the diced salmon. Add the scallions, 2 Tbsp of gf breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Divide the salmon into four mounds on the parchment paper. With damp hands, pat into 4 inch wide, 3/4 inch thick patties. Cover loosely and refridgerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread the remaining 1 cup of breadcrumbs onto a plate and press both sides of the patties onto the breadcrumbs. Heat the olive oil (medium to high heat) in a non-stick pan and gently place the patties inside.
- Cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place on paper towel and let drain for a minute.
- Build your bun or bread and top with salmon patty.